MacBook Pro Question (POLL)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karboN.6, Nov 11, 2010.

?

What would you do?

1. Purchase it ASAP for $999

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Wait for the new one to come out next year

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. karboN.6 macrumors regular

This has been asked a million times... I'll ask for the millionth and one time... I found a MacBook Pro online for 999$ brand new and it is the 250 gb one.. I know i can price match it to bestbuy and ill be able to get it probably today.. What should i do.. purchase it for 999$ or wait until the next one?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You getting it depends on your computational needs and if that machine can satisfy those needs.

And the other typical answer: Wait, if you can. Buy now, if you need now.

3. Prhymeate macrumors member

only you know how much you need it. if you can wait, wait, if not, buy. simple.

4. Mrs HBF macrumors regular

Microcenter is selling it for $999. If you want it, get it. Just do it tax free. ;)

5. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes that is what i was looking at but how would i get it tax free?

6. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Best Buy will not price match online. They only price match physical stores... they are also limited very much on apple products and any discounts that they can take.

Source: I work there

Also which macbook pro is it.. 9600m or 330m?

7. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

So is Microcenter the cheapest for the MBP 13" 2.4 C2D? There's one about 1/2 hour from me. I had been thinking though of buying a refurb online from apple. If I use my Discover, I get 5% back.

8. tigress666 macrumors 68040

if you don't have a microcenter in your state.

People forget that it only works if the place doesn't have a physical presence in your state.

For example, I live in Seattle. Amazon is not tax free for me.

9. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

10. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Well then, sorry, it's not tax free (as I said, people forget that rule only works if the place isn't local to your state. I have to bite my tongue every time I hear some one recommend amazon cause it's tax free as I have to remember that for people in other states it is).

Though if it were me, I'd buy from Microcenter anyways over Best Buy (but I have issues with Best Buy. I actually meant it when I told them 8 years ago I'd never spend another dime with them).

11. Mrs HBF macrumors regular

In this case, you can't because a Microcenter is in your home state. If it weren't, you would be able to get it tax free if you ordered it from them online or by phone.

12. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

honestly im thinking about going to bestbuy today and buying it but i wanted to know.... My current laptop isnt even a year old and the battery life is 2 hours fully charger!!!!... this computer isnt a bad computer except for the heat it produces and the computer works fine but i want to buy a new 1 but this laptop works fine its just that i want to buy a new one and my mom is giving me 500$ towards it so it wont be a bad deal for me.. and i dont really even think the new update coming out is going to be beneficial for me since im only going to be video chatting on it and doing school work and just going on the internet.. the only programs i would have would probably be itunes oovoo skype and microsoft office... so just tell me if you think for my uses the new update will or wont be necessary for what im going to use it for... thanks