MacBook pro question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Surfer13134, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Hi all I need some buying tips for a new MacBook. I know there some forums floating around but I couldn't find any fitting my situation. I have a 2008 iMac with the 2.6 intel core 2 dou processor. I'm looking at getting a new MacBook for school and photography I do. So here's what I need it for, I do some Photoshop and some illustrator, I don't care it it's snappy or what not as it runs fine on the iMac i have now so I think it should run the same on the MacBook correct? I also use iMovie and just some basic stuff. I do NOT play any games or do any 3D graphics. Now with that said will the 13 inch 2.6 be good for me or even the 2.4 be good? Or do you suggest getting the entry level 15inch model. Money is an issue but I can wait a little longer to get the money for the 15 inch I just don't want to spend more for something I don't need. So any help would be grateful. Thank you

2. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

The 13 in 2.4 will be fine and more mobile and will suit your current needs for at least the next 4 years. Adding a SSD for the applications you do will make a bigger difference than processor speed and design.

3. abacodude120 macrumors newbie

If your going for portability, then definitely choose the 13". But since your going to use photoshop and others, i would suggest the 15" because it definitely with doing minute things like editing photos. And for movie making the entry level version should be fine! :apple:

4. Surfer13134 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well the 13 inch 2.4 MacBook pro will be able to run Photoshop and such it will just be a few seconds slower than the i5,is that correct? Thank you guys for helping me

5. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

If money is an issue, get the 13" 2,4 and save for an SSD.

6. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

You got it. It will run it without issue, but it may be a bit slower. How much slower depends on a lot of different factors tho.

7. Surfer13134 thread starter macrumors 6502a