MAcbook Pro Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Madrid, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madrid macrumors member

So I recently picked up my macbook pro so I am a noob at it currently, I just had a question. So I was researching and i found that the battery begins to last LESS the more cycles you have I have 4 cycle on it in 2 Days!!! So Im wondering if i use my macbook on my desk plugged into the power outlet and use it for gaming for example with the affect my battery? Like cycle wise i'm not sure if i'm explaining myself right. Thanks :)

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

If you let it plugged in for a gaming session, it won't use one battery cycle.
    It charges the battery and then uses the power from the adapter, not the battery. Pretty smart device :apple:

4. Madrid thread starter macrumors member

So when I game on it should I leave it plugged into the outlet? I currently have 5 cycles on it in around 4 days is that allot? I feel like it is I just don't want my battery to last less thanks:)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery when you need to and plug in when you can. Just make sure you're not running plugged in all the time. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.