Macbook Pro Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karboN.6, Oct 8, 2011.

1. karboN.6 macrumors regular

How come my Macbook pro didnt come with facetime but my friends macbook came with facetime. My MBP is not the most recent one but i got it not even a year ago. Does anyone know why this is.. maybe because he has an iphone 4? and it automatically synced that app to his computer? Thank you

2. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

3. simsaladimbamba

No, as the iOS app called Facetime is for iOS devices like the iPod touch and iPhone and iPad and will not run on Mac OS X.
    What you can do to get Facetime is to open the App Store in Mac OS X, if you have Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later installed and search for "Facetime" and then buy it for 99 cents.

Btw, sometimes you might get more answers with a proper title, because there have been at least 443 threads with those thread titles.
    To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

4. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much it's is just that i dont know how my friend got it when he did not pay for it, i was just assuming that it was transferred from his iPhone 4

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

New computers come with it. I bought mine in June and had FaceTime installed with the OS (SL then). If you bought it a year or so before, you would have had to pay for it.

6. simsaladimbamba

As the poster above me already wrote, it comes with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

It also comes with new MBP's - regardless of Lion or not.

8. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah that's what i just dont get i have snow leopard and my friend had the same thing and it had facetime and now he has leopard but he had facetime this whole time

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

Okay, I'll re-state what I said earlier. When did you buy your computer? When did your friend buy it? I'm assuming you bought yours a year or so ago and your friend bought it recently. Is that correct?

10. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Macs bought after Face Time was released have the app included, any older ones have to pay the $0.99. It has nothing to do with Lion but rather to do with some complex corporate accounting. If you search you will find a news article with the details in it.

11. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

We both bought them within a week of eachother me earlier than him, thats probably why

12. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular