MacBook Pro question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seahawk09, Jul 9, 2007.

1. seahawk09 macrumors regular

Hey all,

I was wondering if I were to buy the baseline macbook pro, will it be as good as the higher end models just curious:D Thinking for photography and maybe a little gaming once and awhile:)

2. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Photography? Pretty much the same. Games, it depends. Older games (Doom 3, Quake 4, etc) minimal difference (9% faster CPU & hence framerates). Newer games (Oblivion, Crysis, etc), I don't know.

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

It's like saying, if I buy a car that can go 100 MPH, will it go as fast as a car that goes 120 MPH? No, it won't be as good as the higher end models. Sufficient for your needs? Yes. As good as higher end models? No.

4. tango554 macrumors member

the 2.2 is great for photography. I shoot with a rebel xti in large, averaging 600-2000 shots per shoot. The computer handles the files steadily, but could use some more memory. The .2mhz bump and better video card isn't that big a deal. 4GB ram at 800mhz on the other hand, would be just lovely.

www.fungphotography.com

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

4GB of ram at 800mhz would be nice but I believe the current memory controller addresses the ram at 667mhz. The front side bus on the current SR MBP's run at 800mhz.