MacBook pro question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redoxin, Apr 4, 2008.

1. redoxin macrumors newbie

I am in a dilemma. I could buy the new macbook pro 2.4 penryn processor for 3200 bucks or i could buy the old (boxed so still new) macbook pro 2.2 with 128vram 8600gt for 2400 dollars. It is a significant money difference for me. So is there a big difference between them? not to mention the fact that te new macbook pro comes without the apple remote witch costs 50bucks.
    If you have one are you satisfied with your video card? What do you think I should do?

2. switcher3365 macrumors regular

If you are in the United States, the 2.4 Penryn MBP should cost no more than $1999, unless you are getting lots of add-ons.

3. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Sounds like he's in another currency.. Maybe Singapore Dollars?

4. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

Just think about whether the graphics card and the possibility of 4GB RAM is worth $800. And multitouch.

5. redoxin thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in Romania..( NATO summit stuff like that :p)... That is why the laptop is very expensive and rare... And neither of them has 4gb standard just 2gb.. the difference is in the processor 2.4 vs 2.2 hdd: 120vs200 and video 8600gt 128vram vs 8600gt 259vram. ( the hdd i can change but the cpu and the vram i can't) this is my dilemma.

6. DJJONES macrumors 6502

i was in the same position. but the difference in dough was 400 bucks. i bought the penryn model anyways and i didnt think back saying i should of bought the cheaper one.

just look at your budget and see what works for you. what could you do with the other 800 because i damn well know if you bought the older mbp you are going to spend the other 800 on something else.

the newer macbook pros are cooler temperature wise.
    more battery life.
    i dont care for the apple remote but i should of came with that for 2gs.

7. redoxin thread starter macrumors newbie

well the other 800 could go in a new logitech mx mouse.. and a big external hdd or boost my mbp to 4gb of ram? right? :>

8. redoxin thread starter macrumors newbie

But I still want to know if the difference between the 2.2 and 2.4 and the vram will make an important performance issue? How much does that 200mhz and that extra 128mb of vram improve the performance? (I will be getting 4gb of ram if this helps with your answer)