Macbook pro question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by psupride85, Jun 29, 2008.

1. psupride85 macrumors newbie

With all of the problems that people are having with the macbook pros, would it be better to get the blackbook since it doesn't seem to have as many of these problems? Any positive stories from people that believe I should get the pros, or do you guys think the blackbook is the better value for a college student. Thanks! I've really become obsessed and have gone back and forth between the pro and blackbook for a month now. I mean they are 2 great machines to choose from, but depending on who you ask, one says the macbook the other the pro. Thoughts?

2. crobbins macrumors 6502

I can tell you my MacBook Pro is great and doesn't seem to have any problems. As for which machine you could get..this topic has been talked about time and time again..try doing a search! :)

3. tdgrn macrumors 6502

I myself have a MacBook Pro, and the only hiccup I had was an issue with the screen that Apple resolved in 3 days. Other than that, I have loved every minute with this computer. As far as buying advice, I would tell you that unless you plan on doing any HD video editing or major Photoshopping (working with multiple picture layers) then you would be fine with the MacBook. Either machine will suite your needs otherwise. As I look back on my buying experience, I kinda kick myself in the butt, because I don't do anything like the movie editing or photo layering, but the MacBook Pro has been a dream machine, and I couldn't ask for anything else out of a laptop.

4. bbbensen macrumors 6502

When you go on the MBP forum, people are going to start threads asking if people will help them with their problem, not stating how great their computers are.

My MacBook Pro is flawless, cept for the headphone crackle, but that has gotten better.:eek:

5. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

My MBP is the best notebook I have ever owned from Apple and I've had Macs for close to 18 years. There are always going to be minor problems people have, plus you should note you are in a forum that draws very strong opinions positive or negative. If you want the power and performance and appreciate the larger screen size, get yourself a MBP. Otherwise the blackbook is a great machine.

6. gangzoom macrumors member

Since getting my MacBookPro 3 months ago my 2.5GHZ Dual PowerMac G5 has been pretty idle. Just remember only people with problems will tend to post on the forums, as far as i am aware there's no inherent problems with the design of the MacBookPro (unlike my Xbox 360, which has already gone back to Microsoft twice in 1 year).

As for the difference between as BlackBook and MBP...depends on how much $500 means to you.

7. MacFanatic08 macrumors member

There's just as much of a chance that you will get a lemon BlackBook as there is with a lemon MBP. Stick with the one you want most. :)

8. beefington macrumors newbie

i got a 15", 2.4GHz, 250GB, 2GB MBP about two weeks ago and i love it. ive had no problems whatsoever. i have a couple of friends that received some new comps lately, one MBP thats had no probs and two BlackBooks that are also perfect. buy the one that you need/want most.

9. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  10. raquiros macrumors member

raquiros

That REALLY depends.... check my recent post :D:D

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=504065

For the posting guy, that post might show you some good feedback :p