Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaliKnockOut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
Hey guys, I am buying my first macbook pro I am wondering if I should buy the new 15 inch retina or just buy the refurnished one they're selling in the apple refurnished section. Also what's the latest macbook pro apple has released on the refurnished store it says june 2012 release on. Is there a difference between the Retina Macbook Pro in the refurnished section versus the new Macbook Pro's apple is selling on their website.
Thanks a lot guys.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
Hey guys, I am buying my first macbook pro I am wondering if I should buy the new 15 inch retina or just buy the refurnished one they're selling in the apple refurnished section. Also what's the latest macbook pro apple has released on the refurnished store it says june 2012 release on. Is there a difference between the Retina Macbook Pro in the refurnished section versus the new Macbook Pro's apple is selling on their website.
Thanks a lot guys.

may as well buy the refurb, you will save a fortune and the only difference is they changed in early 2013 to bump the processor speed by 0.1ghz, everything else stayed the same. Definitely not worth the extra cash

luisito

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2012
s there a difference between the Retina Macbook Pro in the refurnished section versus the new Macbook Pro's apple is selling on their website.
Thanks a lot guys.

Refurbish means that it has already been used/opened by someone but was returned due to not liking it or due to a manufacturing defect. Apple fixes everything before selling it as refurb. I believe it doesn't come with a fancy and good looking Apple box.

A new one is completely brand new. No one has touched it..ever.. :eek:

If you will spend a fortune on a rMBP, why not wait for Haswell? :confused:

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
you just wont get that new smell that lasts for 2-3 days nor a retail box.
other then that the price is a huge difference.
Some say the refurbed units go through more stringent tests before its sold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.