MacBook Pro Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by techguy40, Mar 1, 2008.

1. techguy40 macrumors regular

Hi

I am a window xp user and thinking of switching to the brand new Mac book pro that came out.

How is the dvd/cd writer on the new macbook pro for ripping new movie dvds and cd that you own for backup? Does it do a good job on new movies dvd and cd music you own, so you can make a backup?

Does certain blank dvd media do better? If so which kind?

How hard will it be using the new macbook pro after using Windows before?

Thanks

Thanks

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

i owned a few powerbooks from pismo's to tibooks and now a mbpro. the superdrive used to be a bit fancy about wich media it manage to record to but it got better since they can read and write to both + and - discs (before they could only write to - discs). i have had no problem with media on my mbpro, so i guess as long as you stick to known brand you should be fine.
    using a mac after windows should be like a zen experience after the darkside :D

3. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Thats probably the only thing I do not like about the MBP and previous versions of it. When ripping some DVD's, it take a while to do it. Usually it takes me an hour on my new Peryn MBP to rip and entire DVD where as my equivalent PC Desktop takes only half the time. But I do understand that the super drive does have its limitations in reading. As for burning, I've fed the MBP all the different types of media and all have burned without any problems. I'm currently using Sony DVD+R DL to backup my movies. No problems so far.

-JoE