MacBook Pro Ram upgrade prombems beeps

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beto4632, Apr 12, 2012.

1. beto4632 macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2009 13" macbook pro I orderd ram to max out at 2x4gb sticks to run at 8GB. So i took out the installed ram and installed the new ones and when i turn my mbp on i get beeps i assume error codes. SO i removed them and installed the ones it had and it turned on i got the recommend ram but its a no go:( heres a pic of the ram i bought and my model number A1278 mac5,5 did i get the wrong ram or am i just doing something wrong might it be because its two channel memory? that was my first guess

Attached Files:

2. FerchoGomez macrumors newbie

I see no problem on the specs of the memory pack.

As a matter of fact I did the same upgrade this week with a different brand, I double checked your model and it should be able to hold the 8gig.

If I were you, I would try putting them back in, since its very common to make a mistake placing them tight enough on the DIMM ports.

It happened to me that my MB wasn't recognizing one of the memories, so I went in for surgery again and re tightened both.. It worked perfectly..

3. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

I agree with your solution. I had the same problem on my iMac and removing and firmly reinserting the ram solved the problem.