MacBook Pro RAM Upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rpg1hero, Jun 28, 2008.

1. rpg1hero macrumors newbie

I'm getting a 15" MacBook Pro this Tuesday and I was wondering... What is the best deal on 2x2GB DDR2 RAM out there right now? I see it for $100 on OWC right now, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any better deals or if I'm just missing something?

NOTE: Obviously, it needs to be MacBook Pro compatible.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ive been using this for a year now and it works WONDERFULLY

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

stay away from kingston, i have 4 dead sticks of kingston value ram in a box that im not sure why i keep

5. Jimmizilla macrumors newbie

OCZ Is a very good company. I personally havent used it on my MPB yet, but I have been building PCs for a couple years now (Recent MAC convert) and have always used either OCZ or GSkill RAM. They're extremely reliable; a PC I built in 2003 using OCZ RAM is still running like a champ (Running Vista and OSX Hackintosh dual boot).

6. rpg1hero thread starter macrumors newbie

Newegg looks like the best deal right now. The reviews are good as well. Thanks to all who replied. One more day!

7. raquiros macrumors member

raquiros

I purchased this last week and it's been working pretty well....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017R0AH8

It comes with an apple sticker on the box, they're supposed to be 100% compatible. I have no complains YET

8. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

stay away from this posters advice, its bad.

9. kalimba macrumors regular

I just (literally 5 minutes ago) upgraded to 4GB of Crucial RAM. My only complaint is that they (Crucial.com) sat on the order for a few days before processing it. I ordered on 5/23, order sat until 5/26, received order today (5/30). The installation was as smooth as silk, taking no more than a few minutes.

10. Hmac macrumors 68020

I've been building PC's for many years. I agree Crucial has been the most reliable for me, but I've been impressed lately by RAM from OWC.

I also agree...Kingston has been the least reliable of any brand I've tried.

11. raquiros macrumors member

raquiros

How about mine? The one I posted before purchased from Amazon? Is it a good deal? Thx!

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

thats your opinion my friend, dont go calling my advice bad just because you haven't experienced the same thing, that doesn't change the fact that ive got 4 dead sticks of kingston ram and none of any other brand

see^

obviously kingston makes *some* good ram else they wouldn't sell ANY