MacBook Pro random crash

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crown16, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Crown16 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I own a MBP mid 2010, 8gb ram and 128 ssd. My battery has 1128 cycles at the moment (never replaced)

My MBP randomly crashed twice today, it just went to black screen basically turned off. All i have to do is leave it for 2-5min then it will boot up again no problem.

I have a feeling this has to do with the battery health being 55% and having 1000+ cycles. But want to be sure, don't want to invest 130euro to later find out the battery wasn't the issue and there was something else completely wrong, which will result in a much more expensive fix.

Any ideas are welcome, just want to be sure cause I figured if the battery is dead its just dead, it shouldn't comeback after 5 min and work for the next 4 hours without a charger.

Thanks in advance!

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

To help you identify the issue we need you to show us a kernel panic log. It can be found in the console app which is there in utilities. If you have the 15" one my best guess is the panics would be hardware around the gpu. Battery health does not really cause crashes it either powers of or refuses to charge with a warning on your battery icon. Crashes usually happen when you used an app which needs the graphics card?

3. Crown16 thread starter macrumors regular

Kernel panic log

This is a print screen of my console, could you maybe be a but more specific of where i can find the panic log, I tried to search it but got no result.

In terms of app usage, when the crashes occurred, Word and excel 2011 where running, and i was filling in a matrix (for some reason Office 11 is still slow, whereas i have no issue opening 5 adobe photoshop apps at once)

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

4. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

Well this screen shot was not so helpful, go to.library-logs-diagnostic reports. There will be something with kernel.panic or just post a screen shot so we can tell you what to.look in for.

5. Crown16 thread starter macrumors regular

Kernel Panic log

I went through all of them, however kernel.panic i can't find, this is a screen shot of all diagnostic reports in library/logs. thanks for your patience with me :)

Attached Files: