MacBook Pro Reformat problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bowlofweedies, Jun 23, 2014.

1. bowlofweedies macrumors newbie

ok this is my problem im having. ive never had this problem when reformating. i got both my cds here from my old macbook. i bought this new silver macbook pro in 2012 winter time.
    my mac will not boot off the cds. when i try to reformat it keeps asking for mavericks. i dont got mavericks. im confused. ive tried every option to reformat off the hd

2. hoodieninja77 macrumors newbie

Hi BowlOfWeedies,
    Are you trying to erase the hard drive and install it? What mac OS version are the CDs? They should say on the lower left hand corner. If the install CDs are too old for the MacBook Pro then they won't boot.

3. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

Ok I think I get what you are trying to say, first of all you can't use the cds that come with your macbook with another macbook. First you are trying to use an old cd with old software on a newer machine, doesn't have the drivers and etc.

Now you can purchase a copy of snow leopard for 20$ and use that on your new machine, boot from the cd and then try to format!

4. bowlofweedies, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014

bowlofweedies thread starter macrumors newbie

i just put in snow leopard and it wont boot. it almost booted but stuck at the apple logo
    sorry