Macbook Pro Refresh Anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tech Star, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Tech Star macrumors member

I am in the market to buy a Macbook Pro and I was wondering if there is going to be a refresh anytime soon? The 17"'s came out this year and the 15"'s came out last year in October.

If there is going to be a refresh anytime soon when do you think it will be?

Thank you. :D

2. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Perhaps in june is my guess. But how much is your productivity worth? My say, buy now. The minor speed bumps won't be worth the months of wait time.

3. dwsolberg macrumors 6502a

There likely will be a speed bump in the next 2 to 6 months, but it's unlikely to make a difference. The big change is speed will be either very late this year or more likely next year. It's a decent time to buy.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Didn't you guys realize that the MBPs JUST got a speed bump a few weeks ago when the iMacs were updated?

Anyway, my guess is sometime in the fall.

5. svndmvn Guest

the 2.53 and the 2.8 MBP got a speedbump like two weeks ago, I doubt anything else will happen to those models in a few months, same goes for the 17" since all of these accept up to 8gb of ram as well.. and processor-wise, there's not much Apple/Intel can do for them for a while.
    The base MBP is the only untouched one since October, just like the unibody macbooks. Something will probably happen by June..

6. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

The next speed-bump for ALL Macs will be when Snow Leopard comes out.

7. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

My guess is September. It's rare for Apple to update the notebooks during the summer iPod deal. Though it's hard to say. They may update before it but October was such an odd month for them to update last time.

8. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

They might update for snow leopard. MBP's are in mid-cycle at the moment so it's hard to say.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

By virtue of it coming out, or are you talking about an actual change to hardware?

We don't even know if the MacBook family's Penryns will be bumped at ALL before Arrandale.