Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liljoedaprince

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
New Orleans, LA
I am getting a new MBP within the next week. I have speculation about the refresh though.

I have heard a few people saying that Apple is waiting until Chinese New year is over to refresh. I doubt it. I think that they are 1) waiting until Saturday at the start of the Macworld Expo 2) waiting until Tuesday when the "imminent" release of Mac OS 10.6.3 to ship all macbooks Pro with Mac OS 10.6.3 by default 3) waiting until next Tuesday just because. What do you think.

AND

Also, I may not even wait for an arrendale refresh. I currently have a late 2008 iMac 20" screen, 4 Gb RAM, 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo Processor. I am looking at a 15" MBP with 4 Gb RAM and either a 2.53 Ghz processor OR a 2.66 Ghz processor. I do general activities and the occasional game and I do plenty of Windows programming (Visual Studio via Bootcamp). Will the arrendale processors really make much of a difference to me? Or should I just go with C2D.

Finally, with the iMacs, the upgraded all specs for the iMacs, left price alone and just added i5/i7 (not 100% sure which one or both) to the higher end model(s). Is it possible Apple will do the same to the MBP's? Or will they change price??? predictions needed. thanks

liljoedaprince

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Stop being lazy and read or search through threads stop making new ones troll

1. i KNOW you wouldn't say it to my face so we DON'T need to sling name-calling. If you don't want to answer, leave cause you are NOT welcome. :mad:

2. I have done research and I have all other questions answered but the ones I asked

dnkbro

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
This topic has been covered at least a 100 times in the past week. No one knows for certain what the refresh will bring other than a select few working in Cupertino. I think it is safe to say the only way you would notice a difference in speed is if you compared the current MacBook Pro's to the refresh MacBook Pro's side by side. If you absolutely have to have a computer right now, get one. If not, wait it out. They should be here within the next week or two.

Sneakz

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1) waiting until Saturday at the start of the Macworld Expo 2) waiting until Tuesday when the "imminent" release of Mac OS 10.6.3 to ship all macbooks Pro with Mac OS 10.6.3 by default 3) waiting until next Tuesday just because. What do you think.

1. No
2. I doubt 10.6.3 will ship on the new MBPs. 10.6.3 will be here after the new MBPs and/or any new hardware that comes out within the next several days.
3. Next Tuesday unlikely. Tuesday after next, more likely.

liljoedaprince

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
New Orleans, LA
This topic has been covered at least a 100 times in the past week. No one knows for certain what the refresh will bring other than a select few working in Cupertino. I think it is safe to say the only way you would notice a difference in speed is if you compared the current MacBook Pro's to the refresh MacBook Pro's side by side. If you absolutely have to have a computer right now, get one. If not, wait it out. They should be here within the next week or two.

thanks. im prolly gonna say screw waiting and get one Saturday:D

liljoedaprince

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
New Orleans, LA
MORE FOCUS ON THE ARRENDALE COMPARISON QUESTION PLEASE! i shoulda clarrified that I was more concerned with the processer comparisons then MBP refreshes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.