Macbook Pro refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jessgerb, Jun 28, 2015.

1. jessgerb macrumors newbie

So I'm starting college at the end of August and am going to purchase a Macbook pro preferably 15 inch retina model. I was wondering does anyone think apple will refresh their macbook pro models within the next three months or should I just purchase it soon?

2. Vermifuge macrumors 6502

Vermifuge

The 15" Macbook pro was just refreshed in May 2015.

3. jessgerb thread starter macrumors newbie

I know about that I was just wondering if there could potentially be any other updates or refreshes to the models within the next couple months whether it be newer generation processors, updated GPU, newer ports, etc. I just don't want to buy the 15'' inch model now and have a new one come out relatively soon which I could've gotten if I had waited.

4. Vermifuge macrumors 6502

Vermifuge

Anything is possible. It's highly unlikely, but it's not like Apple announces these things. If you are looking for someone to answer with 100% certainty that the line will not be refreshed you won't find it here. Perhaps email Tim Cook?

5. jessgerb thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I understand haha, just wanted some insight from anyone if they knew of anything that I didn't in terms of news about potential updates that I hadn't seen

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

There's a large ongoing sticky thread at the top of this sub-form about possible future redesigns/refreshes - take a look.

7. Vermifuge macrumors 6502

Vermifuge

The only signal we have is when shipping times get extended or inventory disappears from places like 3rd party resellers. If you see any news like that from Mac Rumors then its time to hold onto your cash.