Macbook pro refur

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Marti23, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Marti23 macrumors member

Hey im considering buying a macbook pro and was wondering how much the refurbished price of 1699, at the moment, is going to drop once the new rumored macbook pros come? Would it drop any at all? I mean i dont have to have the latest so i wouldnt mind having the current mbp once the update comes.

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

eh... I doubt it would drop any more, it may but I doubt it. I have seen them still selling Core Duo Mac Mini's for a pretty high price on the refurb site. Definitely keep your eyes out though, but even for 1699, not a bad price once you had 4GB's RAM from a place like Newegg . com for around $100 or so.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

4. TimeWaster101 macrumors regular

I know everyone's ok with rebfurbished, but they kind of scare me a bit. I know :apple: covers them the same as a new one, but I bought a referbished ibook and the optical drive slowly went out AFTER the one year warranty. I decided not to get the extended warranty which I'll probably never do again. :mad:Apple was going to charge me like $200 to get it fixed. :(Luckly a friend of mine found me a used Superdrive online for $54 then installed it for free.:eek:

If I get a pro, which I'm hoping to, I'll probably buy it new and get the extended warranty. But to each his own.

5. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

Price of the current MBP should drop to $1499 once the new ones come out. It would fall in line with their current pricing scheme, and what I've experienced when purchasing refurbs for myself/family in the past.

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

It will likely take months to fall to $1499, until the latest iteration (the coming refresh) hits the refurb store. If you check early enough in the day, you can get a 2.16 MBP for $1499 right now.

7. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I agree that they should reach this point about 6-8 weeks after the newest MBP hits the streets. That is a lot of :apple: goodness for the $. But, I think I'd still pop for a White MB of the current flavor for $950 to supplement my soon-to-be mac pro.

I'm waiting for refurbs of the current MacPro's to hit the store!

8. tuneman07 macrumors regular

Whats going on with the MB refurb prices? I have been watching for months now and the low end would be 899 at the lowest, now its 960. Same computer, just less percentage discount.