Macbook Pro Refurbished

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pdechavez, Feb 4, 2008.

1. pdechavez macrumors regular

Is it possible to buy refurbished macbook pros from the apple store itself rather than buying it online because my credit card is limited to $500 since im a student? Any help will be appreciated!

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Unfortunately they are only available on-line.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

If you have a debit card linked to your bank account, you can order that way. However, you need to have enough money in the bank to make the purchase.

That's probably a good thing if you're a student, though. And I'm a student, so I mean that well... :^)

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you could buy an apple gift card in the right amount at the apple store and use that towards the refurb purchase online.

5. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

its linked, meaning i can do online banking but what do you mean though?

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

If you have the funds in your bank account, you can buy the computer online by using your debit card as a credit card. They'll ask for the same things (card number, expiration date, address, etc), and you'll pay through your account that way.

7. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

have you used this method though? coz, how am i gonna input debit info as credit card info if it lacks the security number etc?

thnx for u help btw

8. harrymohan macrumors member

9. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

mine doesnt have one. CIBC bank, my credit card has security on the back. but debit just shows the card numbers

10. snipersix macrumors member

I don't think you can use a debit card to buy a macbook online. The only way you can use the money directly from you bank account is if they have paypal...

11. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Not true. A company online doesn't care if you pay with credit or with debit as long as the order goes through.

12. Udinpetot macrumors member

i think....
    the limit is just there so you dont go below 500...
    just transfer the funds to the CC account, and you should be able to use more than 500?
    thats what i thought..
    cheers :))

13. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

but the options are mastercard, visa and paypal. I really want this refurb model. Cant i go to an apple store and do the order there?

14. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Forgot about that part! If your debit has Mastercard or Visa or Amex in the lower right, you can. That means it's backed by a CCC. If it doesn't, then no, you won't be able to do this. I don't know about ordering from a store; I've only heard of ordering online. You might be better off trying to order by phone, though I don't know if that's possible either.

15. Skullk macrumors newbie

Skullk

You can use a debit card but it has to have a visa or mastercard whatever on it.
    If your card doesn't. Or doesn't have a security code go to your bank and ask for a card that will work. If you have your credit card from the same bank you have your debit at you maybe be able to have them approve a larger credit for that purchase. I have done that before, I bought something that was 1000 on a card that was only 600 credit limit. FYI my bank is Wells Fargo. I am a student as well.

Good luck with whatever you do.