MacBook Pro refuses to connect via wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nateo200, Mar 13, 2011.

1. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Ok so Its sunday and I have about 4 days worth of school work to do! Half of which requires my MBP and internet :mad:. I connect to the router and it connects but I can not get to any web page at all. Tried Safari and firefox, diagnostics was useless and said "No internet connection" yet my other computers are working on the network just fine....Restarted the router twice and modem twice....anyways I'm connected via my tethered droid over bluetooth as it won't tether over wifi....is there something I'm missing here? It just stopped working in the middle of my research :mad::mad: and 3G is way to slow for some of the things I need to download. I restarted my MacBook twice already....:eek: Suggestions?

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your router's security settings must be in conflict with the settings of the macbook pro somewhere. What kind of security are you using?

3. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

WPA2 But I dropped the security and the same issues. But how can I fix any security issues? Normally it just auto connects...been to long since I played with wireless network settings...

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

What I'd do is to delete every mention of the network on your mac, be it in network settings, in your keychain etc, everything.

Then I would set it up again from scratch.

5. bigjobby macrumors 65816

If unsuccessful, I'd delete any mention of the MBP on the router and add them in again. Might also be worth considering reserving an IP on your router for your MBP just in case there's any undetected IP conflict issues.

Good luck.

6. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

Thanks actually I just reset the router and the modem and reserved an IP for my MBP...hopefully this will keep!:apple: