MacBook Pro refuses to start

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Steve Rogerson, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Steve Rogerson macrumors newbie

I am having a problem with my MacBook Pro. It was working alright this morning, and I left it on while I went to the shops. When I came back, the screen was blank as I'd expect as the screensaver would have kicked in. The computer was plugged into the mains. I wiggled the mouse to wake it up and nothing happened. So I pressed the space bar. Still nothing. So I tried a few other keys. Nothing. I then held down the power key to turn it off, which worked as I heard the disc stop spinning. I tried to restart by pressing the key, and I heard the disc start but no bong noise or anything else. I've tried this a few times now with no luck. I have also tried booting from a DiskWarrior CD and that doesn't work either.

Can anyone help me please?

2. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Something like that happened to me with a Core2Duo iMac, i was working on it and it just turned off, after it turned off the screen was black but the computer was basically on, it might be the Graphics card which is integrated into the Logic Board, I hope you have Apple Care because if you don't it will be a -700+ reparation

3. bsizz234 macrumors member

try disconnecting it from power, popping the battery out, wait 5 seconds, put it back in (and/or plug back in) and then try a reboot?

Worked on my friend's when it did something similar... much easier fix than replacing the logicboard.

4. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

nope wont work, ur logic board is toast.. call applecare , they'll have to replace it.. same thing's happening with mine..

5. Steve Rogerson thread starter macrumors newbie

Someone else suggested that, so I tried it and it didn't work.

6. kiddbuu macrumors newbie