Macbook Pro Refuses to turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by norin, May 4, 2011.

1. norin macrumors newbie

I have a mbp (17in stock from the store) I bought about 8 months ago. One day about a week ago I left it sitting on my desk (turned on) for the day and when I got home it was dead (obviously). I plugged it in overnight and in the morning when I went to turn it on nothing happened. The little light on the power plug was green and the batter indicator showed fully charged. I've tried pretty much everything I can find on the web and nothing seems to work (the battery is sealed so I can't take that out). Anybody have any ideas?

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Video-card might be shot. Or, like with my MacBook Pro which didn't turn on randomly one day, the Logic Board could be dead.

Of course, those are the worst case scenarios.

3. norin thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm really hoping that's not what it is, being a poor college student and all...

4. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

If it's 8 months old it's under warranty. Either take it to an apple store or phone apple care, they should sort it for free.

5. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Disconnect the charger and hold the power button down for 10 seconds. Reconnect the charger and try to power it on.

6. hypervish89 macrumors regular

It's still under warranty, so no need to worry. Just take it to the Apple Store.