Macbook Pro - Release Cycles

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by udflyer, Apr 8, 2016.

1. udflyer macrumors regular

Is it just me or has Apple really slowed down with any revs of the laptops.

All Are classified "Don't buy" by Macrumors.

Yet, they introduce many versions of the same damn iPad.....

Meanwhile , feels like Windows land is making a lot of progress.(SP4, new HP SPectre).

Look, I am an Apple Developer and for the 1st time I have peers thinking of switching to Windows Laptops as their main dev machine. Have a basic mac for mac only stuff.

Anyway, just voicing frustration....

Not a Tim Cook fan at all......

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

A lot of it has to do with the updates by Intel. Intel's release cycle has slowed down. Add in that Apple may be updating the form factor of the rMBP's (i.e. thinner/lighter)

3. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

Apple has neglected its Mac line for a while now while closing to focus on its iOS line.

4. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

I'm keen to see new stuff too, I'm actively waiting for some new shiny laptops, but to be fair, they updated them last year. LAST YEAR.

The buy / don't buy thing from MacRumors is pretty weak, it seems to be based on the scenario that updates are predictably cyclical and that when a new device gets released the older devices are suddenly less capable. Time marches on, tech improves, but it's not like a new MBP is going to suddenly make the current MBP less capable, and it's not like Apple's development cycle would be based purely on something as arbitrary as "day count".

MBP May 2015.
    Macbook April 2015.
    Macbook Air March 2015.

If Apple went to a 6 month cycle the forum would be full of people whining that they release stuff too often.

5. Mathias Denichi macrumors 6502

Mathias Denichi

A CPU spec bump on 13in only with same socket and force touch isn't much of an update. Its the update we get, not the one we deserve.