macbook pro reos-ing problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by unucretzu, Dec 20, 2010.

1. unucretzu macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have a little IT service opened up and my spec is in Windows, not MAC Os. A friend of mine is very desperate cause she buyed a macbook pro from someone and she cannot change the italian language. I told her i will help, but in my mind was something like reinstalling the OS. So, I home-made an Snow Leopard DVD and re-installed without formatting. No chance, italian language still there. After this I tried to change the language from the System Utilities, it works but only for the main session, if i restart the mac the italian language is here again. So, I moved on, I had to reset the admin password using the DVD, it seemed ok but it now asks me for a keychane password that I don't know. Anyhow, I managed to log in to the System Administrator account where I could create another Administrator account, set the language to English, bla bla... BUT, after the restart, the old admin account is back alive and no trace about my new admin account. Do you think formatting the hard drive will help? Or give me another solution. Thanks.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

a home-made Snow Leopard DVD? Where did you manage to get that?

3. IPHONE4IPAD macrumors newbie

sounds really complex .

Hope you can find way out.

4. Saturdays macrumors member

Saturdays