Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

botorosa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
HI i have a Macbook Pro A1286, 15´Early 2011 and from some days the battery is behaving strange... It runs out of battery very quickly and theres a notificaton lik "Repais Battery".

I installed Coconut Battery software and saw that the battery only have 411 cycle counts and apple says that the maximum cycles counts for this macbook is 1000... so whay this is happening,.. why it drains bettery so fast??

Would like your help please.

Thanks.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Your battery is almost 4 years old, sounds like its time to have it repaired. I'd not worry about cycle counts or any of that, If its not holding a charge, draining quickly its most likely needing to be replaced.

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Your battery is almost 4 years old, sounds like its time to have it repaired. I'd not worry about cycle counts or any of that, If its not holding a charge, draining quickly its most likely needing to be replaced.

Agreed batteries can go bad before they reach cycle counts of 1000, age is also a factor, as well as other environmental conditions.

botorosa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
How can i change the battery in my macbook pro?? how much it cost and where can i buy one for it? on ebay??

TheIguana

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2004
Canada
I would take it to Apple and get them to replace it with a genuine one... last I recall it was about $120 - but it depends on your model.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
How can i change the battery in my macbook pro?? how much it cost and where can i buy one for it? on ebay??
Apple provides battery replacement for your model for $129.

Battery Service

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions, including tips for maximizing battery performance. If you haven’t already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

botorosa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Hi I found the cause of battery being always without charge... it was google Chrome being open all the time...Yesterday I launch an energy app and saw that Chrome was consuming about 90% in relation to the other browser apps... removed the Chrome browser and now Iam using Safari and Opera. Battery holds much more charge but still the notification that says "Repair Battery" but holds more charge and i can be with the macbook without charging it for more than a day...

Look What Ive found in relatou to this issue:

Google's Chrome Web Browser Is Killing Your Laptop Battery
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorr...e-web-browser-is-killing-your-laptop-battery/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.