Macbook Pro repair experience???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Techtech, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Techtech macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I just got off the phone with apple and set up a repair with apple. They gave me a repair id # and are sending me a box to ship out my MacBook Pro within the next few days. Has anyone ever used this type of service before? How long did it take and exactly what did they do? Thank you

2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

I have done it many times. The box arrived the day after the phone call. Shipped the computer the day i got the box. Apple got it replaced the logic board and shipped it back the next day. I got the computer back the next morning. I called monday got the computer back on thursday.

3. sebgreen macrumors regular

I always go into Apple Store

I always go into the Apple Store. I had an issue with the screen and the optical drive.

It gave me a chance to demo my issues to the technician. They took the machine, did the fix and I got it back after a few days. They replaced the entire top clamshell and optical drive.

I just preffer giving my machine to a physical person, rather than a box to a postie. No offence to them but we all know how couriers treat boxes.

Plus when I went to collect it they asked me to check the machine to make sure I was happy with the repair (I was). I could just imagine getting a machine back in the post and having to send it back again.

Just my prefferance.

4. crush500 macrumors member

I have no Apple Stores around me and plan on getting AppleCare for my MBP. Is a week the usual time it takes to ship them out and repair them? If so AppleCare is certainly worth it. If anyone else could post their experiences with shipping in their MBP to be repaired I would really appreciate this. I'm trying to convince myself that AppleCare will be worth it even though I have no Apple Stores near me.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If any problems arise, like they accuse you of spilling liquids, etc. when you did not, you can't really dispute it if you mail it in; however at the Apple Store this would not be the case; you can always go in and argue; otherwise I don't really see what's wrong with sending your machine in. I've done it a couple times and they are pretty fast and usually hassle-free.