Macbook Pro Repair Experiences?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by randomrazr, Jun 12, 2011.

1. randomrazr macrumors 65816

so i have to send in my brand new macbook pro i got not to long ago. i asked over the phone if i could have a replacement since these issues happened within less than a month and that i want a replacement as i wanted the 2000 dollar flawless computer i initially paid for.

anyways the applecare supervisor dude said they can do a mail in repair even though im in canada (which they dont offer but its better than nothing)

i dont have an apple store nearby thats why i had to resort to phone. the closest one is 3 hours away, and i dunnno if its worth th 60 dollar round trip train ride there to see if i have better luck than over the phone.

anyways what were you guys experiences with repairs with macbook pros and sending them away?

im concerned my macbook pro will come out worse than i would send it in. for example, are the repair guys careful with handling computers?

ohh and heres my issues:

the hinge is clicking and dust under the screen. when i mean clicking, everytime u open an close the lid it makes a clicking/crackling sound which probably is not good.

last thing was when i first opened the macbook pro and unpackaged everything , i noticed scruff marks on the right side of the top lid. unnoticable but a little dissapointed it was already cosmectically damaged.

there not huge issues i know, but, for 2 grand, it should have been flawless :(

what do you guys think?

2. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

anyone have experience with mailing in there macbooks for repair? lol

3. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

has anyone here sent in there macbook pro in for repair before? lol

4. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

5. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Wow, have a little patience. I had a repair done by an Apple Service Center last year and was very happy with the experience. They sent a box, I packed it up and called for a pick up. I think it was returned in two days and without any problems. My Apple Store experiences are quite the opposite, they didn't have replacement hard drives for current models in stock and they cannot even dial a phone to tell you about delays.

6. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

haha sorry, i jsut wanted to know people experience lol

anyways, what was wrong with ur macbook pro?

my main concern is, im those type of people who get pissed if they get a single scratch on there new toys, macbook pro is no exception t o that. cosmectically, did they send it back to you looking the way cosmectically you sent it in? mines MINT lol

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

Thousands of people have done service by mail with Apple, that's how it worked before the Apple stores came about. You have nothing to worry about, quit bumping your thread, it'll be fine.

8. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

alright iil do it if the issue gets worst

9. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816