Macbook Pro Repair?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bodhello, Jun 6, 2011.

1. bodhello macrumors newbie

Hi so I'm looking to buy a Macbook Pro on craigslist and I found one with these specs:
    15" unibody
    2.53Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB DDR3 SDRAM
    320GB Hard Drive, Superdrive, etc
    and this was for $500. I'll copy and paste the problems...
    "Laptop was dropped however it works fine. The screen is has NOT broken but it is a little misaligned with the rest of the body and there is a small dent on the side of the screen is, but hardly noticeable (see pictures). The space bar is missing. Webcm and bluetooth works fine, but wireless NOT working (was working fine but cable might be loose). Superdrive and everything else works fine and battery holds a full charge."

I'm just wondering if this deal is worth my time, and how much the repair would cost. I was hoping the repair would be ~$150-$200. Thanks.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Definitely not worth it. You would probably have to replace the case which is pretty expensive. That's only really worth the display and logic board, which are worth money, but probably not worth your hassle.

3. DolemiteJackson macrumors member

Look elsewhere. You'd sink a lot more than a couple of hundred bucks into it, and who knows what else is damaged due to the bumps it has taken.