Macbook Pro Replaced Display Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rithem, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

Long story short I had a hi res glossy and got it replaced with a hi res antiglare. OSX didn't recognize it as the HR AG screen. In line 17 it still says it's the HR glossy and I can't adjust my screen refresh rate anymore. Help?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

In what "line 7" does it say it is "glossy"? System Profiler?

Could you change the "refresh rate" with your glossy MBP? Or do you mean an external display?

3. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

Sorry I meant line 17 of System Preferences > Display > Color > Open profile of default profile.

Yeah, I could change the refresh rate if I could remember correctly. Not talking about the external display.

4. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

5. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Could you please post a screen shot where it says "glossy display" on line 17. I have an antiglare 15" and it doesn't say anything that has to do with my screen being antiglare. Here's a screenshot.

Attached Files:

7. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

Here are the pictures.

First one is the one showing that it's a glossy display. 2nd picture shows that I can't set colors or refresh rate on my screen.

Attached Files:

8. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Have you considered reinstalling OSX? There is a possibly that there are some conflicts between the drivers for the anti glare and glossy displays.

With that said, I do not see where it says you have a glossy display nor why you cannot adjust the colors.

Just curious why do you want to adjust the color depth of the OS? If you want to adjust the color settings, you just have to click on the tab on the top labeled color.

And the refresh rate, should not be changed. The refresh is normally 59.94Hz (~60Hz) unless its a 120Hz display. Trying to force another refresh rate could cause problems.

Why are you running your 1920x1200 LCD at 1680x1050? This could be part of the problem why you think you need to adjust your refresh rate.

Run your LCD at its native resolution, if you want the display to be clear.

9. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

I have considered reinstalling OSX on it. I'd just rather not since I'm out of iTunes authorizations. Line 17 shows it's glossy by the model number, 9CB6.

I mean it's not a big deal, I just don't understand why the the the drivers won't recognize the AG.

I'm not running 1920x1200.... The picture shows I'm at 1680x1050.

10. Rithem thread starter macrumors 6502

Rithem

Erased my HDD and reinstalled OSX. Time Machine with Migration on everything but user settings and I still can't get the normal settings for my display. I give up. It works, whatever. :confused: