Macbook Pro Replacement battery - Review and Suggestions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Don Nguyen, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Don Nguyen macrumors member

So when I originally had issues with my laptop staying on when it was disconnected, I figured out that it was a battery issue. I was given some recommendations to go with the NewerTech NuPower battery as a replacement. I have not even had the battery for 9 months, and it is already draining at TWICE the rate of my original battery. Just browsing the web and not watching any videos or doing anything extensive is giving me roughly a 2-3 hour battery life from a fully/100% charged battery.

This is the battery that I purchased from OWC:
    https://eshop.macsales.com/item/New...jKFgoD3jxzmQhasAF2fMaKqLGf0VkkZ0IAaAtEj8P8HAQ

Does anyone have any other suggestions? OEM would be ideal, but from what I have been reading, it does not seem to be possible to obtain from Apple.

Thanks!

-Don

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

3. Don Nguyen thread starter macrumors member

Will apple still replace batteries? I think last I saw, people were saying they charge $180 installed including the battery. My originally battery was stout, up till the day it went kaput. I am not happy with the NewerTech battery at all. I am going to have to go through the return process with OWC, which may be a bit troublesome.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

5. Don Nguyen thread starter macrumors member

I'll probably just take my chances with a used battery and put up my NewerTech 17" replacement battery (if OWC decides to warranty it) up for sale instead then.

-Don