Macbook Pro Replacement Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vertigo50, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Has anyone found a good place to buy a cheaper replacement battery for a Macbook Pro? I've heard mixed results from people who have bought batteries from somewhere other than Apple.

Please send a link if you know of a reliable place to get one for less than Apple's retail price.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

For what MacBook Pro?

eBay has some good offers from reputable sellers.

3. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

15" Macbook Pro 3,1 ??

It was like late 2007 or something. Why can't they just give us simple model numbers???

Is there a model number somewhere that will identify my Macbook Pro?

4. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Have you bought from any specific sellers you would recommend? Compatible batteries seem to be a bit hit or miss, and I don't want one that heats up or doesn't charge properly or something.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

MacBook Pro 3,1 is the machine number and model identifier, even though it can apply to 15" and 17" models.
    www.everymac.com can you give further details if you want.

Go here to find out what battery you need and then see if eBay offers them cheaper or even alternative batteries.
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/power?mco=MTM3NTI3NzQ

No, as I never needed a replacement battery.

Btw, you can use the [​IMG] button to edit your posts, as successive posts by the same user in short time are not welcome.

Sequential posts. Combine your comments into one post rather than making many consecutive posts to a thread within a short period of time.
    from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems

6. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Thanks for the info, spinner.

If anyone has a recommendation for a seller whom they bought from, please let me know. Otherwise, I will try to go by warranty and seller ratings.