Macbook pro replacement question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by isaki87, Oct 26, 2008.

1. isaki87 macrumors regular

Apple has deemed that my MacBook Pro (intel core-2 duo 2.16ghz) will be replaced, because of numerous issues with the display, which had to be replaced three times, battery twice, superdrive once, and the top keyboard/trackpad piece once

This is great news for me, because I am a student and rely heavily on my notebook for graphic design and film editing for USC Annenberg TV News, and I am tired of the repairs. However, will I get the same intel core-2 duo 2.16 ghz or will I get the current equivalent, which is the "glossy only" that Apple just released, since the model I originally purchased is no longer in production?

I purchased the MacBook Pro directly from Apple. The unit was brand new and not refurbished.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Typically, you would receive the current-production model. However, seeing that the line was very recently updated, it's possible that they would give you a former model (equal to your dysfunctional unit).

3. isaki87 thread starter macrumors regular

Im at a loss, because the 'genius' that assisted me, said that I would receive one of the "glossy only" models, but others that i have spoken to have said that I would receive the 2.16 model.

4. PDE macrumors 68020

I've received several replacements over the years and they have always been the latest model, no matter how old my computer was. I'm pretty sure you'll receive the latest - unless of course you really want the older model with matte screen in which case you could ask for that and see if they can find one somewhere. Apple is usually very cooperative once you're at the replacement stage - and you should ask for what you want rather than feel that they're somehow doing you a big favor. After all, they're the ones who messed up and caused YOU considerable inconvenience for a long time!