MacBook Pro Replacement Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleBoyFreak, Jan 1, 2013.

1. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

Hello,
    So soon I will be heading to the local Apple store to get my iPhone 5 replaced and to have a genius look at my MacBook Pro. The problem with my MacBook Pro is that the superdrive doesn't seem to be lined up with the cut-out in the body so disks seem to get caught in the super drive and then will finally be ejected after many tries with weird noises. My questions are the following: 1. Do you think they will try to replace the Mac or repair it since the problem is hardware? 2. Do you think I can ask to pay the difference to get the updated screen, not for a retina MacBook Pro but for the hi-res glossy upgrade, on the replacement MacBook Pro? 3. I currently only have windows office installed so how should I go around backing that up/make sure I don't lose it? These are all my questions for now and answers will greatly be appreciated!

2. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

Really depends on the Genius working I'm guessing A: They will fix it. Or B: replace it with the same one or something similar. As for the upgrade I highly doubt they will upgrade you but its worth a shot. Good luck. Let us know how it plays out.

3. smotania macrumors member

smotania

For the upgrade the screen they will do it but its gonna cost around 5-600$ for the screen and labor i already asked the same thing ;)

4. AppleBoyFreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh wow, so the screen goes from $100 to $500 - $600?! That is beyond crazy. I mean I've already spent $1,800 on the computer and they want to charge an extra $500 - $600 for the upgrade? Oh well, I'll still ask, but if it does cost that much I definitely won't do it lol

5. Ccrew macrumors 68020

They'll probably just fix the superdrive issue, so I don't think I'd be planning my upgrade strategy just yet.