Macbook Pro Replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ait0711, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ait0711 macrumors newbie

I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro with a warranty until mid 2015. The question is if I can ask for a Macbook Pro Replacement.

I have already had replacements on faulty:
    -motherboard
    -keyboard
    -battery
    -harddrive
    -RAM

The only hardware that hasn't been replaced is the graphics card.

Currently I am having immense lagging issues when games are played. I also have issues when watching videos for a while then I queue more than 3 videos to load. The laptop randomly decides if it wants to play perfects fine or run a video like on 1998 DSL ( Video goes from 720p to lowest available and slows).

If it gets bad the web browser freezes. A couple seconds later the whole laptop freezes. This is only remedied if I force restart the laptop. If it gets really bad the whole screen turns black even though it is running. It also is only remedied if I force restart the laptop. I have already gone to the apple store about 4 months before and they ran stress tests. They said the laptop was fine.

Is there anyway for me to ask for a whole Macbook replacement since nearly every hardware component has been replaced and I keep going to the Apple store every couple months?

2. anarti macrumors regular

How did you manage to get 4 years of the warranty?

Graphic card was replaced as well because it is on the motherboard.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes it was as its on the logic board. Also that doesn't mean you'll miss radeongate, the issue is in the manufacturing, so a new logic board has the problem.

4. Merode macrumors 6502

Merode

You buy Early 2011 MacBook in 2012. :p

5. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

All you have to do is go to an Apple Store and ask. It's a perfectly reasonable request. Ask to speak to a manager and/or phone Apple. They may say no, but with persistence, patience, and kindness, you may have success. Keep us updated.

6. Ait0711 thread starter macrumors newbie

The laptop was purchased through my university so I have a warranty until I graduate.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow that's nice. I don't know if lagging issues are a result of a bad GPU, usually that shows itself up with graphic anomalies, or crashing or odd colors being displayed.

8. kityniss macrumors newbie

It's pretty hard to got a whole replacement as your device was bought several years ago. Apple just got me a new screen when it was damaged, even i asked for a new one.