Macbook Pro Restart/Shut Down Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TSilvernail, Mar 13, 2011.

1. TSilvernail macrumors newbie

Hey All I've been having a problem and hope you can help me.

This past summer I purchased a Macbook Pro 13" and absolutely love it. Recently within the past 2 months or so maybe, I have encountered a problem with it restarting and shutting down. This occurs whenever I shut it down or restart it it goes to the purple screen and shows the spinning wheel I guess you would call it? and it stays there. There have been times where I have left it alone for hours and it has not shut down or restart. Sometimes it will actually go through but I think majority of times it doesn't leaving me to just hold down the shut down button (which kills me because I know it's not good for the computer).Until 2 weekends ago it would start up no problem. That weekend I had to start it up three times to get it to actually start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to Mac so I'm not great on how to fix them or anything so any help you can provide I would greatly appreciate. Thank so much.

2. TSilvernail thread starter macrumors newbie

Now the grey screen that comes up and says you must restart your computer has come up twice in two days. Any help?