Macbook Pro: Restarting at Random

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsbarone, Dec 4, 2007.

1. jsbarone macrumors regular

I've had my SR MBP 2.4GHZ since it was released, and it's been great. It's been running like a champ, and I couldn't be happier that I switched. That is, minus one thing. Ever since I upgraded to Leopard, the thing has been locking up and saying that I need to restart it because of an error. I'm used to Windows with it's blue screens or some kind of error that I can look up, but with this there's nothing to see so I can't figure out what's wrong.

It doesn't seem to happen when any particular program is open or anything. Can anyone help me diagnose the issue?

2. moez macrumors regular

Do you get a kernal panic or does the system stop responding?

Also, check out the internal temperatures of the unit. I have heard that overheating leads to restarting to protect the system from burning....

3. jsbarone thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure what kernel panic is. That gray screen slowly fills from the top, and there's a window inside the box that says it died and needs to have the power button held. I use SMCFanControl and it usually hovers at around 40 celcius. It used to run cooler than that before leopard, but it's not that bad so whatever.

4. jsbarone thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, here is the error report.

5. jsbarone thread starter macrumors regular