Macbook pro restricted on Amazon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by project_2501, Nov 10, 2017.

1. project_2501 macrumors 6502

It seems Apple had prevented us from listing our used macbook pro 2017s on Amazon.

Amazon tell me this applies to used laptops. I triple checked.

What is apple up to?

Isn't it illegal to prevent the sake of MY personal laptop?

[​IMG]

2. leman macrumors G3

Thats not how I read the message? My interpretation is that amazon is asking you for a proof of ownership to make sure you are not listing a stolen computer.

3. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Amazon are a private company, they can do what they want with their platform so nothing 'illegal' there.

Seems they are trying to protect against theft sales and stuff though. Did you fill out all the information correctly? Looks like they've asked for proof of invoice that you haven't provided.

Also glad you've decided to sell it...

4. sartrekid macrumors 6502a

The last sentence is what's significant. They want you to show them an invoice, as @leman noted.

5. project_2501 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have provided then with the sales invoice from Apple. I triple checked as that explanation would make sense.

I triple checked. I can dig out the email trail ..

In fact I have submitted it twice already... They insist I can't list a 2017 macbook pro. I'll dig out a screenshot later showing that message.

6. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

The issue is with Amazon, have you tried contacting them or using their support forums? Not sure what you think we we can do other than guess really. Could just be an error, could be anything.

Amazon isn't really geared towards used products so could just be something there. Try eBay.

7. project_2501 thread starter macrumors 6502

I sold my 2015 on Amazon and have been selling stuff for years in Amazon. Used goods.
    There is safety in Amazon as an intermediary, I don't have that with eBay or gumtree. I don't want to get robbed.

8. Mathias Denichi macrumors 6502

Mathias Denichi

Not necessarily. Exclusive brands such as Luxotica, Nintendo and more litigious companies, will not allow you to list on Amazon unless you have a wholesale account.

You are better to check Swappa first, then eBay.