Macbook Pro Retina: 10 Hours of Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacRetina, Sep 18, 2012.

1. MacRetina macrumors member

MacRetina

The attachment shows that rMBP has better than advertised battery life! :D

Attached Files:

2. CFoss macrumors 6502

That's an estimate at that point. Are you actually doing anything when you took that picture? Take a screenshot after an hour of using your computer.

3. nyc999 macrumors regular

lol, is this a joke?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link:
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

5. MacRetina thread starter macrumors member

MacRetina

I wanted to post something positive to all the negativity threads about the rMBP battery! The battery is not bad like you read in the forums.

6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Check the status.
    Set a timer for 1h.
    Work or do whatever you usually do for an hour.
    When the timer rings check the status.

With the decrease in percentage you can now get the most accurate REAL battery life from a charge. Short time estimates don't tell a real story.

You get the best possible battery life if you close everything open a pdf and scroll only with the space key. Turn down display brightness and that is the best battery life. That isn't much like real life.

7. PeopleTheseDays macrumors regular

Cherry picking an idle moment on the laptop is not helping your case.

8. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Put brightness on 1 notch and sit at the desktop with nothing happening, you'll probably see around 14 hours. Doesn't mean it's useful. However, I have no qualms with the battery life on mine.

What's with the watermarked desktop anyway? Did you think someone would copy the picture?

9. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

What is everyone's obsession with that background?

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It is, I've had mine display up to 20 hours on my late 2011 MBP, but it's generally immediately when I unplug and last ~5 seconds while my machine figures out what's going on.

11. the read macrumors regular

Yes it is. The battery is not the only thing that sucks on this over priced heap of garbage.

Let me provide a list of all the areas this laptop sucks.

1- retina display and OS are not optimized for each other. The screen is blurred on high resolution settings and mine suffers the ghosting issues reported by others on this site.
    2- the screen goes blank after the login from cold startup. This happens everyday. After booting the computer from a cold start and entering the password, the computer screen shuts off. The computer is still running but with the screen not turned on. It takes a hard reset to reboot and 3-4 times before the screen works as normal.
    3- no Ethernet connection. This just makes me mad as Ethernet has been world standard for the past 20 years. The cable converters are also crap. The thunderbolt connection is not tight and cables easily pull loose. USB only supports 100MB network. Only thunderbolt connection supports 1GB but the cables break through poor manufacturing. They also cost far too much. I never get the same problem with USB cables?
    4- wifi constantly drops no matter how close to the router the computer is.
    5- battery life sucks.... Really sucks....

The list could continue. If your thinking of buying this over priced over rated computer please think again.

I'm currently battling with the Genius idiots at the apple store to understand that the problem with the blank screen after boot up is not a software problem. Its like dealing with a call center idoit from a 3rd world. After installing the OS more than 4 times I'm at my wits end. They think once it's booted up correctly its now works! Idiots.

Apple = Fail + lies + cheats. This computer is not ready or relighable enough to release to the retail market.

12. MacRetina thread starter macrumors member

MacRetina

I don't know where to find a good selection of retina ready wallpapers.

I get around 5:25 battery life after an hour of regular usage.

It is to show that it is my screenshot and I didn't take this picture from another thread/forum.

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

14. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

My estimate is at just over 3 hours on a 70% charge, whilst doing absolutely nothing. Only thing running is safari without any tabs open.

15. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

do a custom google image search for exact dimensions.

16. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

The web has enough placebo. Too obvious "MacRetina". Glad you love your computer.

17. idonotliketostu, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

just updated to 10.8.2

This how you do it:
    7:51 - 5:46 = 51 + 60 + 14 = 111 + 14 = 125 minutes
    99% - 36% = 63%

125 min / 63% = 1.98 min / 1%

100% = prolly 3 hrs 18 mins base on my usage

pretty low cause i was searching for slut

Attached Files:

18. xdxdaustin macrumors regular

I usually get rather pessamistic estamates :confused:. I have no idea why. I thought I was being gypted at first, but then after seeing that I, with my normal use, didn't have to charge until the next day, knew not to trust what it says!

19. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I get about 7 hours browsing Safari (with no flash and ADs blocked), used to get about 9 two years ago - just as a comparison to estimates being posted here in regards to the rMBP.

20. seanxwong macrumors newbie

my battery life once shot up to 11 hours on full charge