macbook pro retina 13 2015 or 2016

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dillinger75, Dec 9, 2015.

1. dillinger75 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone !
    I don't know if I have to buy a 2015 macbook Pro retina 13 or wait for the 2016 . But I don't want to wait more than January.
    What do you think ?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you don't (or can't) wait beyond January, then you have your answer. There will be no new MBPs coming out in January, that's just too soon.

Get the current generation and enjoy it :)

3. Dead0k macrumors regular

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

As Maflynn said the chips apple are waiting for from intel won't be available until feb at the earliest and it'll take a while for apple to get them in their machines.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple typically does wait, they're not usually the first out the gate when intel rolls out new chipsets.

6. dillinger75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks guys ! But if I buy the 2015 , and then I want to change for a 2016 , how much money will I lose ? And do you think if apple will decrease the price of the 2015 ?

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Some. Computers aren't an investment. If you need the latest and greatest, then you should wait. I hear there are really awesome models coming out in 2019. :rolleyes:

The refurbished models usually see a price drop when the new models come out, as do the models sold by 3rd parties. Apple doesn't usually drop the price though.

8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

When the new ones come out apple will stop selling the previous models, you can get a refurb at a good price and you can get last years model from third party sellers at a lower price (best buy and B&H in the US and currys in the UK).

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, but the OP was asking about buying a 2015, then (presumably) selling it and buying the 2016 and in that case he's asking what the financial outcome would be.

10. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The answer to that is easy the loss of about 30-40% of the price you bought it for depending on the mode,l upgrades you paid for and how cheap you can get that model new or refurbed.

11. PTLove macrumors 6502

Is 3d Gaming performance important to you? That is the only functional change I would expect between the two notebook generations. (Note that neither will be good at 3D Gaming, but the 2016 should be a good bit better).

If you dont care about that, I doubt the 2016 will offer anything substantial for you anyway.

12. dillinger75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answers. I'm sorry but what is 3d Gaming ?