Macbook Pro Retina 13" advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pontus669, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Pontus669 macrumors newbie

Hello friends!
    I'm on the hunt for a used Macbook pro retina 13" (late 2013). The reason I'm choosing to go with a used one instead of buying it straight from apple is the price. I live in Sweden and apple products are unbelievably expensive here. The base line mbpr 13" (1299$) costs around 1800$ in Sweden.

To the point - I'm seeking help from you guys to answer some questions about the options between 4 and 8gb of ram and the upgrade on the processor.

My main usage of this computer will be mostly surfing, typing and other light activities, will i face any problems going with the base model?

Does anyone have any experiences with the integrated graphics and gaming (CS:GO)?

I'm sorry if i just created a threat that you guys see hundreds of times a week but I'm very grateful for your guidance.

Thanks in advance! :apple:

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

3. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Gaming and macbook retina should be used in the same sentence. It will play games but is by no means a gaming machine. The problem is that if you want more ram you will also get the bigger 256 ssd, so that makes it worth it.

4. Pontus669 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have any experiencing with CS:GO, or other equally demanding games? My old mbpr 15" 12' handled battlefield without problem. but with the 13" I'm loosing the detected graphics card.
    Worth mentioning, I'm not buying this machine for gaming on a daily basis. But it would be nice to do once ever now and then.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Other then gaming, I'd say the 13" rMBP is a great choice. I'm not familiar with that specific game, and so I'm not sure how intensive it is but Mac's gaming track record isn't all that stellar. Its not the best choice for gamers.

6. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Just don't expect to play at ps4 levels of coolness.

7. chrizzz09 macrumors regular

CS:GO plays fine. I play it myself. You can put it on high with 2x AA on 1440x900 resolution and it is butter smooth.