Macbook Pro Retina 13" battery drain & high fan noise.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smoharram, Aug 15, 2014.

1. smoharram macrumors newbie

Hello, this is my first post here and i'm really looking forward to help me.

I have a Macbook Pro Retina 13" Early 2013 Running OS X 10.9.4 (13E28). The battery life was never an issue with me but i've been experiencing drastic battery drain on my laptop. It goes from 100% - 20% in 1.5 hours average. I downloaded all the battery apps on the Mac App Store to check my battery health and they all said it was normal and the number of cycles are 430, i know they're almost near half but does this affect the battery life in anyway? I really need help with this problem because it's driving me cray i can't do anything without making sure i'm next to a power outlet. The other thing is overheat, i sometimes find the laptop very very hot that i can't put it on my lap and the fans are always high until i stop doing heavy tasks on the computer. I really need your help guys, hoping that restoring isn't the solution. Thanks.

2. DJJAZZYJET macrumors 6502

Try doing SMC & PRAM reset, you can find instructions on how to do one by searching google or on apples website.

If you are experiencing battery life that low, there might be something wrong with the battery. Book an appointment and take it into an apple store and they will run a full battery diagnostics too see if there is something wrong. If you are in warranty you are entitled a repair/replacement.