Macbook Pro Retina 13" Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Medic311, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

i just got a Macbook Pro Retina 13" model a couple of weeks ago. i immediately noticed how clicky and loose the keys seemed on the keyboard in comparison to my Macbook Air. on the Macbook Air, the keys were firm and were a lot less noisy.

in particular, the "Enter" button is extremely loose and moves around side to side and rocks a lot. in all honesty, the keyboard on my $370 Acer seems better than this

i just wanted to see if anyone else has similar issues with their keyboards and that the keys seem very loose and are quite loud to type on

thanks

2. interstella macrumors regular

interstella

Is this a new rMBP? Sounds like a very strange problem. I have a late 2013 rMBP and the keyboard is probably the best that I've ever used on any computer.

3. Medic311 thread starter macrumors 68000

Medic311

yes this is the new 2014 rMBP

4. sixcylinder macrumors newbie

i have just picked up a 15 macbook pro retina and having the same problem. space bar feels very loose along with some others. doesn't seem to be any consistency to the keyboard.

5. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

My rMBP is only a few weeks old.

They keyboard feels exactly the same as my Mid '12 did. Solid, with reasonable feedback and good keystroke length. Not a patch on the old keyswitch keyboards, but not uncomfortable.

6. sixcylinder macrumors newbie

is the space bar on your keyboard 'floaty' if that makes sense? tapping it lightly on top and bottom the whole key rocks on my keyboard. if they are all similar i could just live with it.

7. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

The space bar is a little floaty. It's down to the size of the key.