MacBook Pro Retina 13" - Pixelated

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nidserz, Jul 20, 2016.

1. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Hi Everyone,

This might be a dumb post but...

Had my MacBook Pro Retina 13" for almost 3 years now... and I use the dashboard but I am seeing it is still pixelated. I would think the Retina was going to be high-res. At first thought they just haven't updated it. Am I missing something?
    I have attached screenshot of the calendar, but even the type on the stickies, the clock, everything looks pixelated.

And in general, I feel the retina screens on the newer MBr and 12" are way clearer. But maybe because my computer is older.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. NathanA macrumors 6502a

Wow, that looks bad. I don't use Dashboard, but I just checked on my 2012 15" rMBP and it looks nothing like that. As far as I am aware, Dashboard has been retina-ized from the start.

Has it been like this since you bought it 3 years ago? What macOS version are you running now? Did you migrate a profile from an older Mac when you bought it or did you set it up as a new computer? Have you tried to see if the problem is localized to your main account/profile by temporarily creating a new one (System Preferences > Users and Groups) and logging into it?

If the problem follows you into another user account, then I would try doing a clean install of OS X. I did a quick Google of this phenomenon, and only found one other person who encountered a similar issue (located here, also on MacRumors), but the problem apparently fixed itself.

-- Nathan

3. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Thanks, I am not sure if it was since I got it, or when, but I have noticed it more than just this once. I am running the latest, and it was set up as a new computer.
    I logged out of my account and logged back in and well, it looks fine now! Thanks again for the help. Will keep an eye on this.