macbook pro retina 15" 2.3 8ram SSD 256 mid 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by angelo1, Apr 13, 2015.

1. angelo1 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, and thanks permitting to be part of the forum. What do you think about the Mac in the description, about its affidability, your experience, about that machine in general? I found an used one and I woyld you suggest me about it. Many thanks friends

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

They are good machines

and worth it if the price is right.

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It's still a pretty solid machine. My work-issued laptop is the same model, but with a slight processor bump (early 2013 15" with 2.4GHz i7, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. In essence, it's identical).

It handles I throw everything at it fine (one Windows VM and one Linux VM running together, plus Photoshop and a VMware Horizon client (but that doesn't take up much resources anyway).

4. angelo1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks; now, how can I verify: 1) the real condition of the battery? 2) the condition of the ssd (is this possible? What should I do?

----------

How many cycles are enough to be able to have battery in a good condition? If I'm not wrong macbook pro supports 1000 cycles; how could I judge this? For the ssd, I would buy one whose state is good. Please reply and many thanks again bye
    :)

5. JTToft macrumors 68040

1) Have the seller send you a screenshot or photograph of this window in System Information. That will show you the number of cycles and remaining capacity.

2) I don't see a reason the SSD shouldn't be fine. If you're concerned about its performance, have the seller run a disk speed test.

Attached Files:

6. angelo1, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

angelo1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Next days I'll be able to view personally the information about the mac; I was asking about the ssd state because I know they support a certain number of "writings". Last question: how many cycles do you think can considered satisfying? It's very kind of you thanks :)

7. angelo1 thread starter macrumors newbie

About the price he asked 1.000 Euros; do you think it's a good price if the state of that Mac is good?

8. JTToft macrumors 68040

- I don't know the data specifically for the SSDs that Apple use in these MBPs, but modern SSDs in general have such a high write tolerance (several petabytes) that it will never be an issue even for the most demanding users. Samsung, for instance, provides a 10 year warranty on their 850 Pro.

- I think you should probably look more at the remaining capacity instead of the number of cycles. That will give you a more precise idea of its health.

9. No Cover macrumors newbie

I think 1000 Euros is a great price. A refurbished model would cost you around 1400 euros on Apple's website.

I actually just bought one for myself last night. It's scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. :)

10. angelo1, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

angelo1 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK.and what about warranty? If it has not been activated on the Apple site, may I activate it? Bought at the end of 2013, but not registered: may I register and activate the warranty?

11. angelo1 thread starter macrumors newbie