Macbook Pro Retina 15 2012 vs 2016

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SilvaGT, Dec 4, 2016.

?

Is it appropriate to buy new Macbook Pro 15" 2016 having Macbook Pro 15" 2012

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I don't know

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. SilvaGT macrumors newbie

Hi, guys!
    I'm currently having MacBook Pro 2012 15 inches (base specs). I consider to buy a new Macbook Pro 15" 2016 but can't make myself make such a decision.

So long story short: My laptop works well and it's performance satisfy me now. But I wanna something new and it has some bugs like I always have to use GT650 and it also has a little bug with display (like traces on gray background) but I get used to it.

On the one hand it past 4 years, and it should be faster. In the other hand it still uses DDR3 as my 4 years old MacBook, and the CPU performance these years doesn't seem to grow very much. The new keyboard and touchpad are very controversially and I will be missing MagSafe port that is so convenient.

What would you do it you were me? Did you buy the new one or stay on the old machine? Maybe someone upgrades from 2012 to 2016 machine, how was your experience, are you satisfied with the upgrade?

2. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

The only thing you will miss is MagSafe

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Silva wrote:
    "My laptop works well and it's performance satisfy me now. But I wanna something new"

If the 2012 is still doing ok for you, I'd keep using it for now.

Too many glitches and problems with the 2016 models.

Wait for the 2017 "revision"...