Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Hi, I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro Retina, it works great but since I installed Yosemite (I started with Beta now it's up to date) sometimes (like once every two days the computer completely freezes (I can't do anything neither move the coursor) and the only option is to turn the computer off and restart it.

Any ideas on what may be causing this? It happens randomly sometimes when I am in the internet, also when I am moving files....it is just random.

Please Help!

agaskew

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Its very hawrd to say with little information. If you can run the "Console" App (from Utilities folder) you may spot some reports of things like hangs or kernel panics that may point you in the right direction.

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Its very hawrd to say with little information. If you can run the "Console" App (from Utilities folder) you may spot some reports of things like hangs or kernel panics that may point you in the right direction.

Thanks, I tried running the app but I really do not understand well the information, where exactly should I look. It is ver strange as I haven't been able to identify what is causing the problem.

One thing I've realized is while using safari or chrome, sometimes popups appear that Java is not up to date and it won't work properly, the strange think is I have updated Java several time, and the message keeps appearing. I am not sure if it is related but that also started happening when I updated to Yosemite.

Thanks again!

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Let me guess - 2012?

AppleCare replaced my 2012 because of this. There seems to be an issue with the graphic switching of some of them under yosemite.

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Let me guess - 2012?

AppleCare replaced my 2012 because of this. There seems to be an issue with the graphic switching of some of them under yosemite.

Yes!! Oh! Too bad I do not have Apple Care, this sucks!!

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Let me guess - 2012?

Do you know if there is any kind of solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.