MacBook Pro Retina 15, Screen freezes while Shutting Down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by olyroad, Dec 23, 2014.

1. olyroad macrumors newbie

I recently bought a MacBook Pro Retina 15", the better of the two versions. Its operating system is MacOs Yosemite 10.10.1

- Sometimes I click to shut it down. While shutting down the screen becomes very dark, the mouse cursor remains active and white, and the keyboard is still enlightened. And it stays there. It doesn't switch off.! To switch it off I have to press the Power button continuously.!

I don't know whether there is a connection to this problem, but today, I turned it on, and two user options appeared. The Administrator and Guest User. Never ever in the past did a Guest User option appeared. Over the next restarts it disappeared.! Is it normal?

Could you please help me?

2. keatth macrumors 6502

This exact thing happened to that same exact computer I have a couple weeks ago. I think its just a system bug, nothing to worry about.

3. olyroad thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for this answer. That being the case, my next consideration is that when this happens I turn the laptop off by pushing the POWER button for 10". Is the good condition of the SSD at risk?