MacBook Pro retina 2012 headphone issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edpham1202, Jan 4, 2015.

1. edpham1202 macrumors newbie

When i plug headphone( the pair with iphone 5) to my rMPB i couldn't hear anything, just annoying noise. I decided to replace the headphone jack ( purchased from ebay ) but it stayed the same. I didnt buy Apple care so its obviously that i can't take it to replace, i asked my local apple authorized store but they can't fix it because they said they dont have parts. They said the reason is ic sound card ( but my speakers run good ), is there any suggestion left ?
    thanks for advanced guys :):(

2. thewap, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

If the headphone jack did not fix the issue then it is the IO board, which on your model can be replaced.

3. edpham1202 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thank u for ur answer :D. Btw,do u know what extractly is the IO board responsible for ?.

4. thewap, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

thewap

5. edpham1202 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just 1 more question please, are u sure that replace io board fix the problem ? I just want to know there r no problems with the mother board ( my speaker still runs fine)?

6. thewap, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

thewap

Can't be sure but you will have to use process of elimination to see if the sound out will work, if headphones ok, then computer headphone jack, if jack OK, then io module, if io module ok , then motherboard.
    If speakers run fine, my *guess* it is the io not outputting.

Otherwise you could get a motherboard then find out it wasn't it and it was the io board :eek:

Look at it this way, if not io board and was motherboard, then you will have a spare io, or sell it on ebay.

You can also pose the question on ifixit on their site and see what their staff says..