MacBook Pro Retina Anti-Glare Screen Shield

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nikster0029, Apr 14, 2013.

1. nikster0029 Contributor

nikster0029

Hello everyone,

I tried to research this topic on YouTube, and just to find any reviews whether it be on Amazon or just Google, but I could not find any. So I came here to get some information regarding screen protectors on the retina Macbook Pro.

I have been looking for a anti-glare shield for my 15" Retina Pro, but they are all expensive! So I want to make sure I pay what I get for it. I have seen the Moshi, SGP, and Ebay screen protectors, but I have one BIG gripe about them.

The protectors add this grainy, rainbow speckly, greesy? look to them and I just cannot stand that at all. Are any of these protectors safe from that stupid degrading quality?

Thank you everyone!

2. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

I can help out with the Moshi iVisor Pro anti-glare screen protector sold at the Apple Store (link), as I just bought and applied this to my rMBP a few days ago.

The screen protector is not perfectly clear, and there is a small amount of visible graininess with the screen on. After having it on for the past few days I've gotten used to it, but I won't lie, I still see the grain of the screen if I look for it and I can see it being bothersome for some.

I personally think it's worth the tradeoff for a smudge and fingerprint free and protected screen, so I have decided to keep it on, but YMMV. Judging by your post I'm thinking it wouldn't be the product for you. HTH.

3. negativzero macrumors 6502a

So long as you put on a anti-glare screen protector, you are bound to see grainy-ness on the display. No escaping it. The "grains" diffuse the incoming light and prevent the glare.

4. nikster0029 thread starter Contributor

nikster0029

Thanks everyone!

Anyone have any personal recommendations?

I saw the Moshi advice, and thank you.