Macbook Pro Retina Apple Trick

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vampyr, Jun 11, 2012.

1. vampyr macrumors regular

OK... can someone please explain this to me?

If I go to Apple's website and look at the new Macbook Pro Retina page, it shows a cool little magnifier that shows the different between the Retina display and the standard Macbook Pro display.

One side shows the magnified image as blocky, and the other side shows the magnified image as clear and crisp. Yet... amazingly, I'm looking at the Retina enhanced image through my old Dell laptop?

What trickery is this???? How am I able to see what a Retina Display looks like on my old 1920x1200 17" laptop???

My point is... Apple makes it seem as though the photos displayed on a Retina screen will allow you to 'zoom' in and see amazing detail in your digital camera photos than you could ever see before.
    Not only that... but shouldn't Apple be adding some kind of disclaimer that states that the screen images are *simulated* for comparison purposes??

2. pragmatous macrumors 65816

The display is only as good as what your looking at it with.

3. d00d macrumors regular

Because it's magnified for demonstration purposes. Feel free to put your face a few inches from the screen at an Apple store if you want to do it for real.

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

:D :D :D

Thanks for that.