Macbook Pro Retina + AppleCare (its free now??)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mekk33, Sep 25, 2012.

1. mekk33, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

mekk33 macrumors newbie

So im looking to get the new MBR retina and a few months back i went into the apple store to find that AppleCare will cost around the £200+ mark for the 3 years.
    Now i looked online today only to find from the Education Store (im a second year university student) that its £60!
    See thats awesome HOWEVER looking around in these forums i THEN learn that all new MBRr machines purchased from the education store comes with 3 years FREE??
    i mean as far as i know, AppleCare consists of two parts: Tech Support and Hardware Support.
    So im a little confused as to what to do, can someone confirm that i really do get 3 years hardware (which is the main reason for me to get it)?
    and what reason is there for me to spend that £60 on tech support? is it literally JUST being able to call them (im assuming its free calls)?

thanks again guys
    peace

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

See the link in my sig, all will be revealed!

3. B6DWAL macrumors newbie

B6DWAL

The limited repairs is for 3 years, the telephone support is for the additional £60.

4. Gibbyice macrumors newbie

Gibbyice

However some over at the Apple forums are questioning wether Apple will replace image retention screen out with the statutory initial 14 day no quibble return period, as they have already changed knowledge based articles,worrying times:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4034848?start=3765&tstart=0